Are wireless smart homes in Tampa a wise choice?
In the relatively recent past, home security systems were limited to hard-wired equipment connected through a drawn-out installation. Those days are gone. Wireless innovation has transformed the market and opened up a world of new possibilities for homeowners.
Are you wondering if a wireless smart home in Tampa is right for your family? Find out what you should know about wireless installations.
What you ought to know before switching to wireless
The foundation of any wireless setup is a sound internet connection. Reliable, fast internet and a quality wireless router are the primary elements you’ll need. If you haven’t upgraded your router in quite some time, think about making the change now to benefit from the newest performance advancements.
If you live in a region without dependable fast internet or cellular coverage, you may be better off with a wired installation. And, it might be wise financially to stay with a current setup if you relocate to a home pre-wired for security.
Irregardless of where you live, internet and electrical outages can take place. Taking this into account, look for security systems with cell and battery backups to maintain your connection.
What are the benefits of a wireless smart home in Tampa?
The main aim of any home security system is to defend your household from risks like break-ins and fire. You can accomplish this with wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to take advantage of the latest improvements, a wireless smart home is your top choice. When you install a wireless system, you can benefit from the following:
● Remote access: Would you enjoy being able to lock your doors or watch live video from your mobile device? A wireless smart home offers a degree of control and access you’ve never seen before. You can inspect or adjust any system devices remotely, such as your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant alerts: Not only can you access your system, but it may also reach you. If one of your sensors is activated, an alert will be delivered instantly to your mobile device app. You’ll always be alerted when the system goes off, no matter your location.
● Flexible and scalable: Dissimilar to wired devices, you can place wireless options just about wherever you wish. Interested in having a surveillance camera on your shelf or in your kid’s bedroom? No sweat! It’s also straightforward to add or remove equipment from your wireless smart home.
Potential shortcomings of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in Tampa have proven dependable and useful, there are a couple of potential disadvantages. You should consider the following:
● You might have to switch out batteries. If you have battery-powered components, there’s always the chance of failure when the battery dies. However, smart components will alert you when battery life is low and tend to last for years without requiring a replacement.
● Placing devices. There could be restrictions on how far you can install wireless components away from the central command hub. This won’t be a concern in most homes, but you should inquire about the distance prior to making a decision.
● Threat of online hacking. In a similar fashion as any computer network, the potential of hacking is there. But you can greatly lower this risk by incorporating strong passwords, always updating default settings, and using routers with built-in security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in Tampa today!
Take advantage of everything a wireless smart home can do by designing your own with a Vivint representative today. You’ll enjoy being able to access and control your Tampa security system from anywhere. Contact (813) 590-1845 to take the first step toward a more secure and versatile home.