Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Tampa smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub incorporates your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete charge of your Tampa home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and explore tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Tampa benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you can even chat with someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also offers convenient remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View current or saved footage from your linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Tampa by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke detector trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll see a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open door will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Tampa
Despite the fact that many users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add another user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, select phone or email and enter the info to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Tampa security system. Call (813) 590-1845 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.