What should you do when your Tampa home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your residence – and your family members – against the many risks you may experience, like burglary, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Although your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Tampa home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is often jarring, disorienting, and may incite panic. Your best option is to stay calm and follow these straightforward guidelines.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Tampa Sounds
You don’t want to be in this predicament, but it’s also the reason why you put in a home alarm system originally. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. What are you going to do?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is racing. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to assess what’s going on. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency yourself instead allow your monitoring professionals and first responders to do their job.
- Protect your loved ones. Your priority should be your loved ones and moving them out of harm’s way. In the case of a break-in, this might mean moving to an appointed safe room as far from entry points as possible. The trespasser was in all likelihood already scared off by the alarm, but it’s always smart to take extra precaution. If there’s fumes or flames, please exit your house right away.
- Remember your phone. The vast majority of individuals keep their phones with them all the time these days, but you might fail to pick it up during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the chance to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and obtain updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Tampa goes off, your 24/7 monitoring professionals will instantly act. Their first move is to validate your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The protocol they adhere to is based on the type of emergency. For instance, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, one effort will be made to contact you before first responders are dispatched. If you have an intrusion - the most common sort of event - a monitoring agent will follow these procedures to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to communicate with you via the command hub. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that effort doesn’t get a reply, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or your primary contact person is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again after emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not able to converse with monitoring staff, don’t fret. Support will still be sent even when you're unable to confirm the emergency.
Prepare for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Tampa
Stay ready for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Tampa from Vivint. Call (813) 590-1845 to start designing your home’s security today.